How to fix Jeep Wrangler Sky One Touch problems? With the Jeep Wrangler Sky One-Touch roof, you can enjoy open-air comfort when you need it. Furthermore, it retracts automatically when you touch a button.
Even though it offers many benefits, you may encounter problems common to Wrangler users.
Here are some possible troubleshooting steps for Jeep wrangler sky one touch problems.
Table of Contents
Can you tell me which Jeep Wrangler has the sky one touch feature?
On the newer model Jeep Wrangler, you have three roof options: the freedom top, the Sunrider soft top, and the sky one touch power top. Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Jeep Wrangler Sahara, Jeep JL Wrangler, and many other Wrangler models have sky one touch.
What you need to do to fix Jeep Wrangler Sky One Touch problems
The following are problems with your Jeep Wrangler Sky One Touch, but to take the next step, you need to investigate what’s causing them.
Detection of power top obstacles
Any calibration issue will result in your Jeep Wrangler sky one touch not closing automatically. In general, you will see an error message on your screen saying “Power top obstacles detected.”
When you press the button, it does not automatically close. To close it, you must hold the button down. The problems may be resolved by recalibration if they appear.
What is the best way to calibrate a Sky One touch Jeep Wrangler?
- First, press the forward button called home position to close it. Click the back button and hold it until it goes all the way back (rear home position).
- It will take a little longer than you expected. Hold it for around 10 seconds.
- Press the forward button again until it comes home. Hold it for around 10 seconds after that.
- Now you can check if it solves your problem. You need to take your car to a service center if it does not solve your issue.
Squeak of the Sky One-Touch
Jeep wrangler sky one touch squeaks so often. The back of your Jeep Wrangler might squeak like styrofoam rubbing against styrofoam.
Your back window or how close the plastic is to the subwoofer will indicate the problem.
Fix for Sky One Touch squeak
Follow the procedure to fix the problem if it occurs from the back window.
- The first thing you need to do is take it out. The problem is generally caused by the plastic clip you find on top of both sides of your vehicle window.
- It is important to clean them properly. That’s why you need to pull them out. In the next step, you’ll find some white powder that needs to be cleaned perfectly.
- Grease can improve results. WD-40 Specialist Water Resistant Silicone Lubricant Spray can be used.
- Grease the small blue color detent ball and the pushing button. After waiting around 10 minutes, assemble everything. Start your car and see if the problem has been resolved.
Can the Jeep Wrangler sky one touch power top be removed?
The Jeep Wrangler Sky One Touch Power Top can be removed. To do this, pull up on a panel on the front windshield.
You can then pull the whole roof off by hand after releasing two latches. Check the instructions before you begin this task.
What are the pros and cons of the Jeep one touch power top?
For those who want to enjoy the refreshing air, the Jeep one touch power top is a great option. One touch of a button opens or closes your roof in seconds.
In the long run, it will save you time and effort. What makes it worthy? Watertightness.
The rail on the bottom of the sky one touch top will also provide more security. In addition, you can roll back or forward the one touch power top when driving your Wrangler up to 60 mph.
Is the Jeep Sky One-Touch leaky?
Generally, the Jeep Sky One-Touch does not leak due to its watertight design. You might experience leakage if your car’s one-touch closes incorrectly or has a gap.
The sky is one-touch noisy, isn’t it?
There isn’t much noise from the sky one touch, but it is louder than the full hardtop. When you drive at 70 mph on the highway with mud tires and a sky one touch, you will hear a bit louder sound than when you vacuum your living room.
Touch is also quieter than putting away dinner dishes.
Conclusion of fix Jeep Wrangler Sky One Touch problems
The Jeep wrangler sky one touch roof provides fresh air to both the driver and passenger. It also comes with some awesome features, which make it worth the money.
Like other vehicle components, Jeep wrangler sky one touch also has problems.
If you find the main culprit, you can easily resolve the problem.
You can use the above guide to help you with this. My recommendation would be to contact a professional mechanic if you are unable to identify what is causing the problem.
Video Solution of fix Jeep Wrangler Sky One Touch problems
References and Resources: